When I go to my cabin, I am perfectly happy to just hang around the cabin, piddling with my flowers and maybe go hiking in the forest or go pitch a line into the little pond that's back through the woods, but, realizing that other folks may want to be a little more ambitious, I'm putting info here about things to do in the area.
- Olustee Battlefield Just minutes from the cabin. Historic State Park- This park commemorates the site of Florida's largest Civil War battle, ...www.floridastateparks.org/olustee/default.cfm Suwannee River: About 30 miles away: State Park, great for canoeing, fishing, exploring.Flea Markets Close-by: About 10 miles away LAKE CITY - - SAT & SUN : Lake City Flea Market. Columbia County Fairgrounds. East of I-75 on US Highway 90 at S.R. #247 (Branford Highway). Hours 7am-4pm. Ample parking. Average daily attendance 2,000. Approx 150+ dealers. Antiques, collectibles, jewelry, toys, tools. Snack bar, restrooms, h/a. Market has a general consignment/retail auction on Saturday's. Space from $9 outside. Reservations required for inside space. Camping available. c/p Gateway Auction Service. Box 3331, 32056. (904) 752-1999 or 755-2816. LAKE CITY - - FRI, SAT & SUN Jeanett's I-10 Flea Market. US Highway 41 N. I-10, exit 43. Hours; 7am until dark. Free adm & ample free parking. New outdoor market with some covered spaces. Approx 100 dealers. Space from 47. Snackbars, restrooms, h/a. (904) 755-6482 or 754-0056. Waldo Flea Market: Biggest in North Florida! About 40 miles away
- Hiking North Florida Trails
- Osceola Area Map and Info
- Lowe's Tube Land
- Bird Watching: The Osceola Forest has a wide variety of birds, including the Pileated Woodpecker, which is my favorite.
- Bird Watching in North Florida
- North Florida Wildflowers